We are a volunteer, non-profit, organization whose mission is to beautify the Burlington community. We are one of 21 societies in Carolinian District (Six) of the Ontario Horticultural Association. We are a place for those who love gardening to learn and grow.
We raise funds through these activities:
- Plant sale Saturday May 13, 2017 at St. Christopher’s Church on Guelph Line.
- Garden Tour June 25, 2017. Information TBA.
- A Raffle & Draw Table held at each of our monthly meetings.
Money raised goes back to the community through our support of a number of causes:
- The rose garden in front of Central Library, a perennial flowerbed at the Band Shell, a beautiful community garden in Maple Park.
- Donation of horticultural books & audio-visual material to Burlington libraries.
- Contributions to elementary school “greening” programs.
- Support of Museums of Burlington’s Ireland House.
Our monthly meetings are held on the second Wednesday of every month. There are 3 judged flower shows held at May, June and September meetings. There are no meetings in July, August, or December. Members receive discounts at Holland Park Gallery, Connon Nurseries, and Wild Birds Unlimited.
Monthly Meetings are held at:
Burlington Seniors’ Centre
2285 New Street (at Drury Lane)
The meetings start at 7:30 P.M.