We are a volunteer, non-profit, organization whose mission is to beautify the Burlington community. We are one of 21 societies in Carolinian District (Six) of the Ontario Horticultural Association. We are a place for those who love gardening to learn and grow.
We raise funds through these activities:
- A Plant sale at St. Christopher’s Church at 662 Guelph Line 8 am to 2 pm on Saturday May 13. 2023.
- A Raffle & Draw Table held at each of our monthly meetings.
Money raised goes back to the community through our support of a number of causes:
- A beautiful perennial garden in Maple Park.
- Donation of horticultural books & audio-visual material to Burlington libraries.
- Contributions to elementary school “greening” programs or horticultural therapy programs.
- Support of Museums of Burlington’s Ireland House and Joseph Brant Wellness House.
Our monthly meetings are held on the second Wednesday of every month. There are 3 judged flower shows held at May, June and September meetings. There are no meetings in July, August, or December. Members receive discounts at Holland Park Gallery and Wild Birds Unlimited.
Monthly Meetings are held at: Burlington Seniors’ Centre,
2285 New Street (at Drury Lane) The meetings start at 7:00 P.M.
****In person meetings are resuming for the September 2022 meeting and will include a Zoom presentation starting at 7pm. Alternately you can attend the Zoom meeting online from home.****